How to Cite
Samways, David. 2022. “Editorial Introduction”. The Journal of Population and Sustainability 6 (1):5-14. https://doi.org/10.3197/JPS.63772239439850.
Copyright (c) 2022 David Samways
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Beegle, K. and L. Christiaensen. 2019. Accelerating Poverty Reduction in Africa. Washington, DC: World Bank. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/32354 (accessed 29 November 2021). https://doi.org/10.1596/978-1-4648-1232-3_intro
- Bongaarts, J. and B. O’Neill. 2018. ‘Global warming policy: is population left out in the cold?’ Science 361 (6403): 650–52. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aat8680
- Bradshaw, C. and B. Brook. 2014. ‘Human population reduction is not a quick fix for environmental problems’. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 111 (46): 16610–16615. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1410465111
- Cattaneo, C., M. Beine, C. J. Frölich … B. Schraven. 2019. ‘Human migration in the era of climate change’. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 13 (2): 189–206. https://doi.org/10.1093/reep/rez008
- Coole, D. 2021. ‘The toxification of population discourse. A genealogical study’. The Journal of Development Studies. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220388.2021.1915479
- Climate Action Tracker (CAT). 2021. Temperatures https://climateactiontracker.org/global/temperatures/ (accessed 29 November 2021).
- Das Gupta, M., J. Bongaarts and J. Cleland. 2011. Population, Poverty, and Sustainable Development: A Review of the Evidence. Policy Research Working Paper 5719. Washington D.C.: The World Bank. https://doi.org/10.1596/1813-9450-5719
- Gore, T. 2020. Confronting Carbon Inequality. Nairobi: Oxfam https://oxfamilibrary.openrepository.com/bitstream/handle/10546/621052/mb-confronting-carbon-inequality-210920-en.pdf (accessed 12 February 2021).
- FAO. 2021. The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020: Food Security and Nutrition Around the World in 2020. Part 1. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. https://www.fao.org/3/ca9692en/online/ca9692en.html#chapter-1_1 (accessed 29 November 2021).
- IPCC. 2014. ‘Summary for policymakers’. In Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 1–32. https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/03/ar5_wgII_spm_en-1.pdf (accessed 29 November 2021).
- Kelley, C. 2016. ‘On sustainability, vulnerability, climate and conflict’. The Journal of Population and Sustainability 1 (1): 35–44. https://doi.org/10.3197/jps.2016.1.1.35
- Klein, Naomi. 2014. This Changes Everything. London: Penguin
- Kwauk, C. and A. Braga. 2017. Three Platforms for Girls’ Education in Climate Strategies. Brooke Shearer Series Number 6. Washington DC: Brookings. https://www.brookings.edu/wp- content/uploads/2017/09/platforms-for-girls-education-in-climate-strategies.pdf (accessed 25 November 2021).
- Lopez-Carr, D. and D. Ervin. 2017. ‘Population-health-environment (PHE) synergies? evidence from USAID-sponsored programs in African and Asian core conservation areas’. European Journal of Geography 8 (3): 92–108.
- Mcleod, E., S. Arora-Jonssonb, Y.J. Masudac … L. Whitford 2018. ‘Raising the voices of Pacific Island women to inform climate adaptation policies’. Marine Policy 93: 178–185. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2018.03.011
- Monbiot, G. 2020. ‘Population panic lets rich people off the hook for the climate crisis they are fuelling’. The Guardian 26 August https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/26/panic-overpopulation-climate-crisis-consumption-environment (accessed 19 January 2021).
- Patel, N. 2018. Figure of the Week: Climate Change Vulnerability and Urban Population Growth. Washington DC: Brookings. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2018/12/14/figure-of-the-week-climate-change-vulnerability-and-urban-population-growth/ (accessed 24 November 2021).
- Price, R.A. 2020. The Linkages between Population Change and Climate Change in Africa. K4D Helpdesk Report 900. Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies.
- Steffen, W., W. Broadgate, L. Deutsch, O. Gaffney and C. Ludwig. 2015. ‘The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration’. The Anthropocene Review 2 (1): 81–98. https://doi.org/10.1177/2053019614564785