Published 2020-12-01 — Updated on 2021-06-30
How to Cite
Samways, D. (2021). Editorial introduction. Journal of Population and Sustainability, 5(1), 5–14. https://doi.org/10.3197/jps.2020.5.1.5 (Original work published December 1, 2020)
Copyright (c) 2020 David Samways
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Alcock, I., White, M.P., Taylor, T., Coldwell, D.F., Gribble, M.O., Evans, K.L., Corner, A., Vardoulakis, S. and Fleming, L.E., 2017. ‘Green’ on the ground but not in the air: Pro-environmental attitudes are related to household behaviours but not discretionary air travel. Global Environmental Change, 42, pp.136–147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2016.11.005
- Broomell, S.B., et al., 2015. Personal experience with climate change predicts intentions to act. Global Environmental Change, 32, pp.67–73.
- Carson, R., 1962. Silent spring. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Demski, C., et al., 2017. Experience of extreme weather affects climate change mitigation and adaptation responses. Climatic Change, 140, pp.149–164.
- Feeney, J., 2019. Hunter-gatherer land management in the human break from ecological sustainability. The Anthropocene Review, 6(3), pp.223–242.
- Giddens, A., 1984. The constitution of society. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Marx, K., 1959  Capital: Volume three. London: Lawrence and Wishart.
- Schneider-Mayerson, M. and Leong, K.L., 2020. Eco-reproductive concerns in the age of climate change. Climatic Change, 163, pp.1007–1023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-020-02923-y
- Smith, M. 2019. Concern for the environment at record highs. YouGov. [online] Available at: <https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/05/concern-environment-record-highs> [Accessed 14 December 2020].
- Spence, A., et al., 2011. Perceptions of climate change and willingness to save energy related to flood experience. Nature Climate Change, [e-journal] https://doi.org/10.1038/nclimate1059.
- Tucker, C.K., 2019. A planet of 3 billion. Washington, DC: Atlas Observatory Press.
- Vollset, S.E., Goren, E., Yuan, C.-W., Cao, J., et al., 2020. Fertility, mortality, migration, and population scenarios for 195 countries and territories from 2017 to 2100: a forecasting analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study. The Lancet, 396(10258), pp.1285–1306. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)30677-2