Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, below.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Full author addresses and keywords have been provided.
- The authors undertake to obtain and deliver to the publisher all necessary permissions to reproduce any illustrations such as photographs, diagrams or maps (whether from printed material, from the internet or from any other source).
The Journal of Population and Sustainability is an Open Access publication. All articles published in the journal are freely available on this website, and there is no restriction on who may access or share the articles.
Authors of articles published in the journal retain the copyright to their article, making the version of record available under a CC BY 4.0 (Creative Commons) license.
Please take note of the following important information regarding copyright and originality:
- Articles must be original and must not have been published elsewhere, in part or in full.
- Authors, when quoting from someone else's work or when considering reproducing an illustration or table from a book or journal article, should make sure that they are not infringing a copyright.
- Although in general authors may quote from other published works, they should obtain permission from the holder of the copyright if they wish to quote substantial extracts or reproduce tables, plates or other illustrations. If the copyright-holder is not the author of the quoted or reproduced material, it is recommended that the permission of the author also be sought.
- Since JP&S is an Open Access publication, all copyright clearances and other permission requests should clearly specify that the work will be re-printed on an Open Access basis under CC BY 4.0. If the person or company whose material you wish to reproduce cannot or will not authorise this type of usage, then you may need to select some other material to support your article, instead.
- Material in unpublished letters and manuscripts is also protected and must not be published unless permission has been obtained.
- The team at The White Horse Press can advise about copyright clearance and permission issues, but it is generally the author's responsibility to seek and secure appropriate permnissions, and any costs for copyright clearance generally fall to the author.
- A suitable acknowledgment of any borrowed material must always be made.
- All articles published in JP&S are Open Access. They may therefore be reproduced, distributed and shared without limitation and without permission from the publisher, author, or editorial team.
- On publication, contributors will be sent a a .pdf file of their article, from which they are free to print as many further copies as they require, and to share as widely as they like under the terms of the CC BY 4.0 license.
Personal data entered in this journal management system will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The publishers comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. See http://www.whpress.co.uk/privacy.html
One or more cookies are created on your computer when you first visit this site. They are necessary to store a session ID and to facilitate login. You can view or delete cookies using your browser settings.