How to Cite
Samways, David. 2019. “Editorial Introduction – Special Issue: Biodiversity”. The Journal of Population and Sustainability 4 (1):5–14. https://doi.org/10.3197/jps.2019.4.1.5.
Copyright (c) 2019 David Samways
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Broomell, S.B., et al., 2015. Personal experience with climate change predicts intentions to act. Global Environmental Change, 32 pp.67–73.
- Carson, R., 1962. Silent spring. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Demski, C., et al., 2017. Experience of extreme weather affects climate change mitigation and adaptation responses. Climatic Change, 140, pp.149–164.
- European Commission, 2015. Special Eurobarometer 436: attitudes of Europeans towards biodiversity. [pdf] European Commission. Available at: <http://ec.europa.eu/environment/eurobarometers_en.htm> [Accessed 20 March 2019].
- Ehrlich, P. R., & Ehrlich, A. H. 2012. Solving the human predicament. International Journal of Environmental Studies, 69(4), pp.557–565.
- Fisher, S. Fitzgerald, R., Poortinga, W., 2018. Climate change. Social divisions in beliefs and behaviour. In: D. Phillips, J. Curtice, M. Phillips, and J. Perry, eds. 2018. British social attitudes 35. London: The National Centre for Social Research. pp.146-171.
- Gell, F. 2019. The Blue Planet effect: the plastics revolution is just the start. The Guardian, [online] 25 March. Available at: <https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/25/plastics-revolution-marine-life> [Accessed 27 November 2019].
- Godfray, H.C.J., et al., 2018. Meat consumption, health, and the environment. Science, [e-journal] Vol. 361, Issue 6399, eaam5324 DOI: 10.1126/science.aam5324.
- Henderson, L., 2019. Sociological perspectives on plastic pollution. British Sociological Association. [online] Available at: <https://www.britsoc.co.uk/about/latest-news/2019/march/sociological-perspectives-on-plastic-pollution/> [Accessed 27 November 2019].
- Hill, L., 2019. Aviation Index 2019 -public attitudes towards aviation in the UK. Paris: IPSOS Mori. [online] Available at: <https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/aviation-index-2019-public-attitudes-towards-aviation-uk> [Accessed 27 November 2019].
- IPBES, 2019. Summary for policymakers of the global assessment report on biodiversity and ecosystem services of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. [pdf] Bonn: IPBES secretariat. Available at: <https://ipbes.net/system/tdf/ipbes_7_10_add.1_en_1.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=35329> [Accessed 17 November 2019].
- IPSOS, 2018. Global views on the environment – 2018. [pdf]Paris: IPSOS. Available at: <https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/Global_Views_on_the_Environment.pdf> [Accessed 25 November 2019].
- Kahn, M. and Kotchen, M., 2011. Business cycle effects on concern about climate change: the chilling effect of recession. Climate Change Economics, Vol. 2, No. 3 pp.257–273.
- Legagneux, P., et al., 2018. Our house is burning: discrepancy in climate change vs. biodiversity coverage in the media as compared to scientific literature. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, [e-journal] 5:175. https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2017.00175.
- Meadows, D.H., Meadows, D.L., Randers, J. and Behrens, W.W., 1972. The limits to growth. Washington DC: Universe Books.
- McCarthy, J. 2019. Climate change concerns higher in the northeast, west U.S. Gallup [online] Available at: <https://news.gallup.com/poll/248963/climatechange-concerns-higher-northeast-west.aspx> [Accessed 25 November 2019].
- Naess, A., 1973. The shallow and the deep long-range ecology movements: a summary. Enquiry, 16, pp.95-100.
- Ritchie, H. and Roser, M., 2017. Meat and dairy production. Our World in Data. [online] Available at: <https://ourworldindata.org/meat-production> [Accessed, 21 November 2019].
- Scruggs, L. and Benegal, S., 2012. Declining public concern about climate change: can we blame the great recession? Global Environmental Change, 22, pp.505–515.
- Smith, M. 2019. Concern for the environment at record highs. YouGov. [online] Available at: <https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/05/concern-environment-record-highs> [Accessed 25 November 2019].
- Spence, A., et al., 2011. Perceptions of climate change and willingness to save energy related to flood experience. Nature Climate Change, [e-journal] https://doi.org/10.1038/nclimate1059.
- Veríssimo, D. et al., 2014. Has climate change taken prominence over biodiversity conservation? BioScience 64, pp.625–629.
- WHO, ND. Global and regional food consumption patterns and trends: 3.4 Availability and changes in consumption of animal products. https://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/3_foodconsumption/en/index4.html.