How to Cite
Samways, David. 2019. “Editorial Introduction”. The Journal of Population and Sustainability 3 (2):5–11. https://doi.org/10.3197/jps.2019.3.2.5.
Copyright (c) 2019 David Samways
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Bongaarts, J. and Watkins, S.C., 1996. Social interactions and contemporary fertility transitions. Population and Development Review, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 639-682.
- Cleland, J. and Wilson, C., 1987. Demand theories of the fertility decline: An iconoclastic view. Population Studies 41: 5-30.
- Diamond, J., 2005. Collapse: How societies choose to fail or succeed. London: Penguin Books.
- Flenley, J. and Bahn, P., 2003. The Enigmas of Easter Island Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hedges, S.B., Cohen, W.B., Timyan, J. and Yange, Z., 2018. Haiti’s biodiversity threatened by nearly complete loss of primary forest. PNAS [e-journal] Vol. 115, No. 46 http://www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1809753115.
- Hickel, J., 2019. Is it possible to achieve a good life for all within planetary boundaries? Third World Quarterly [e-journal] Volume 40, Issue 1. https://doi.org/10.1080/01436597.2018.1535895.
- Holdren, J.P., 2018. A brief history of “IPAT”. The Journal of Population and Sustainability. Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.66-74.
- O’Neill, D.W., Fanning, A. L., Lamb W.F. and Steinberger, J.K., 2018. A good life for all within planetary boundaries. Nature Sustainability 1, 88–95.
- Masron, T.A. and Subramaniam, Y., 2018. Does Poverty Cause Environmental Degradation? Evidence from Developing Countries. Journal of Poverty, [e-journal] 1–21. https://doi.org/10.1080/10875549.2018.1500969.
- McBain, B., Lenzen, M., Wackernagel, M. and Albrecht, G., 2017. How long can global ecological overshoot last? Global and Planetary Change [e-journal] Volume 155, Pages 13-19 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.06.002.
- Motesharrei, S., et al., 2016. Modeling sustainability: population, inequality, consumption, and bidirectional coupling of the Earth and human systems. National Science Review [e-journal] Volume 3, Issue 4, pp.470–494. https://doi.org/10.1093/nsr/nww081.
- Myrskylä, M. Kohler, H-P. and Billari, F.C., 2009. Advances in development reverse fertility declines. Nature. [e-journal] Vol. 460 https://doi.org/10.1038/nature08230.
- WWF Korea, 2016. Korea ecological footprint report 2016: Measuring Korea’s impact on nature. [pdf] Seoul: WWF Korea. Available at <https://www.footprintnetwork.org/content/documents/2016_Korea_EF_Report_English_ lo.pdf> [Accessed 5 June 2019].