Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The text adheres to the general guidance in Author Guidelines (below) and to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Style Guide.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Full author addresses and keywords have been provided.
- The authors undertake to obtain and deliver to the publisher all necessary permissions to reproduce any illustrations such as photographs, diagrams or maps (whether from printed material, from the internet or from any other source).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Contributors are expected to assign copyright to the Commission on Nomadic Peoples; though they remain free to use material in subsequent publications written or edited by themselves, provided Nomadic Peoples is acknowledged as the original place of publication.
- Articles must be original and must not have been published elsewhere, in part or in full.
- Authors, when quoting from someone else's work or when considering reproducing an illustration or table from a book or journal article, should make sure that they are not infringing a copyright. More details.
- Although in general authors may quote from other published works, they should obtain permission from the holder of the copyright if they wish to quote substantial extracts or reproduce tables, plates or other illustrations. If the copyright-holder is not the author of the quoted or reproduced material, it is recommended that the permission of the author also be sought.
- Material in unpublished letters and manuscripts is also protected and must not be published unless permission has been obtained.
- A suitable acknowledgment of any borrowed material must always be made.
- Articles may not be reproduced, whether in part or in full, without a written authorisation from the publishers. See the White Horse Press website for further information: https://www.whpress.co.uk/publications/permissions-and-copyright/
- On publication, contributors will be sent a a pdf file of their article, from which they are free to print as many further copies as they require for personal use; they may not post this online.
Personal data entered in this journal management system will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The publishers comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. See https://www.whpress.co.uk/publications/privacy-policy/
One or more cookies are created on your computer when you first visit this site. They are necessary to store a session ID and to facilitate login. You can view or delete cookies using your browser settings.